Wednesday, April 20, 2011

058

About a week ago, I spent an afternoon at my friend's ranch. One of the many highlights of the day was jumping off some rocks into a cool pool of water that coursed its way through their family's land. The experience was something out of a book, like A Separate Peace, but without anyone dying. It was so surreal.

After returning to campus, even though I was physically at school, my mind was still back in Oakdale, where I had just spent a great day with my friends. My mind was replaying the day's events of walking through a herd of cows, jumping into freezing water, flying kites, and simply enjoying nature. It's sad for me to say that I once thought places like this did not exist anymore and I could only read about it in books. I don't mean to say that there is not enough nature around for me to enjoy. What I mean is that this day was a very intimate experience shared among a group of 18 friends and only us, no tourists, no outsiders, simply friends.

At times where I was walking by myself, I would think, "God, this place is beautiful. You made this. Thanks".

That day was the best way to start off my spring break. I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to go back but I sure would like to come back.

Credits to Yvonne Mai for the photograph. BOY'S CLUB! :o)

No comments: