Tuesday, June 28, 2011

065

Grace is the overflowing favor of God, and you can always count on it being available to draw upon when needed. "...in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses" - that is where our patience is tested (2 Corinthians 6:4). It is not a question of praying and asking God to help you, it is taking the grace of God now. We tend to make prayer the preparation for our service, yet it is never than in the Bible. Prayer is the practice of drawing on the grace of God. Don't say, "I will endure this until I can get away and pray." Pray now - and draw on the grace of God in your moment of need.

In all things, display in your life a drawing on the grace of God, which will show evidence to yourself and to other that you are a miracle of His. Let circumstances take you where they will, but keep drawing on the grace of God in whatever condition you may find yourself. One of the greatest proofs that you are drawing on the grace of God is that you can be totally humiliated before others without displaying even the slightest trace of anything but His grace.
Excerpt taken from my My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers, June 26.

It is amazing the amount of God's grace that has been poured into, over, and all around me all my life. And even more throughout college and pharmacy school. It really is true that his grace and provision will always be more than enough. Today, while I was in the office, I found out I received two scholarships toward my pharmacy education. The first thing I did when I found out was thank God and then I called my parents to let them know the good news. I am immensely grateful and as I sit here, all I can think about all the blessings that have taken the form of people, opportunities, gifts, and memories that God has filled my life with.

1 comment:

Jasmine K. said...

Omg PRAISE GOD!!! That's so awesome!!! :) Congratulations. He most certainly provides!