Monday, August 23, 2010

021

Pharmacy school has been very intense and everything I expected it to be. It's challenging and all the information I am learning is everything I need to know and want to know about this profession, place, and business. This entire week, I have woken up at 6:30AM to prepare for classes from 8AM til 12PM and then usually labs and discussion until 5PM. By the end of the day, I'm pretty tired but I have to hit the books so I don't fall behind. Most nights I go to bed at around 1-2AM and I rewind and grind again. I know I'll get used to the schedule but right now, it's been hard waking up these past few days.

Something else I learned this week, not only do pharmacy students work and study hard, but they play hard too. I think the past few nights have been filled with going out, clubbing, and indulging in adult beverages haha. I guess from all the stress and workload, we need some type of outlet to let loose.

When I look back on this blog and this particular entry some odd years from now, I want to say this to my future self: "Antoinette, your first week of pharmacy school was overwhelming and super fun. First day of lab, you're already learning how to inject shots! You've had over 100 pages of reading. And as an intern pharmacist, you can do everything a licensed pharmacist can do except hold the key to open the pharmacy. I can't believe you and Anna went clubbing. Stay away from strobe lights. Tracy Joy is pretty wild. Also, you're pretty crazy even when you don't have any alcohol in your system. Please continue to be the DD".

First week has been great being back at school. In one of our books we're reading, it says that to be a pharmacist you need to be a lifelong learner and let me tell you, I've learned so much within these past few days and I am looking forward to the next three years. Dr. Dinh will soon be in.

2 comments:

preet said...

Dr. Dinh is already in. lol. Well, on our schedule anyway. :)

mlugar said...

"Stay away from strobe lights. Tracy Joy is pretty wild. Also, you're pretty crazy even when you don't have any alcohol in your system. "
LMAO that sounds like you guys.
Work hard, play hard! You can do it!