Saturday, February 05, 2011

052

There is a new pharmacist at the pharmacy I am interning at. His name is Brendan. He is from Massachusetts. Recently moved to California this past summer. 24. And has beeeeaaautiful eyelashes that I envy lol He is so incredibly chill. I always ask myself, "Why isn't Gregg more relaxed? Why does he always have to look at me like 'Are you seriously going to do that'?" I guess it's because Brendan is still young and hasn't been jaded by the world and the evils of CVS that Gregg so vehemently spits upon and reminds me about every time I am working with him.

I actually like the CVS system of scanning and inventory checking. It is a hella efficient. More so than the out-patient pharmacy that I volunteered at last year. Yes, the system does not help the patient-pharmacist relationship at all but I can see the system improving. I HAVE HOPE!

Somehow, I managed to gash the space between my thumb and pointer with a dispensing spatula while I was dispensing prescriptions today. What idiot does that? Oh me. Did a consultation, made phone calls galore, restocked, found out all the clerks are all older than me when I thought they were all younger than me. Dude, I would be so lost without the techs. I wish I had a shirt that says "I <3 PharmTechs" to show my appreciation for them. First time I left exactly at closing time. I didn't know what to do with myself, except go home.

Another day of work tomorrow. I'll be missing the Super Bowl with the Boy's Club. I hope they save me food.

No comments: