Thursday, June 03, 2010

006

It feels so good to be blessed with wonderful, caring, and supportive parents like mine. It has been a long road on this faith journey and it will continue to be so. This is a little praise post for the Big Man upstairs and to mom and dad.

During dinner, my family and I got to talking about my trip to Egypt and how I would be determining whether if I wanted to do the kind of work in Egypt in Vietnam or something.

My mom started saying how angry she got at my aunt who was discouraging her saying things like, "Once your kids graduate, make sure they get a job right away!" "Egypt is way too dangerous! Why are you sending her there?"

To which my mom replied, "I know she's my only child but if she doesn't go, who will?" and then my mom told me, "I'm really proud of you Antoinette". I almost wanted to cry. I'm tearing up a little right now even haha.

Even though my parents and I believe in different faiths, I am grateful we agree on the value of doing good for the world's poor and giving back to the community.

♥♥♥

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading this post stirred some emotion within me. I am glad that you have such a great relationship with your parents.