Thursday, June 10, 2010

010

Jasmine is a Persian name. Its meaning comes from the flower that shares its namesake. People have said that the name Jasmine also reminds them of a pretty, gentle, and free-spirited girl.

Let me tell you more about the Jasmine I know.

"Pretty" does not do her justice, in fact, she is RADIANT. I would compare Jasmine to a clear night sky - shining, bright, face comparable to the full moon and hair like a meteor shower against a blanket of black velvet.

And like the night sky, the depth of our friendship is fathomless and beautiful. The blessings of this sisterhood is numerous like the stars.

Genuine, honest, trustworthy, insightful, loving, thoughtful, respectful, fearless, sensitive, emotional, curious, are a few words to describe her.

She shares a deep love for the world's peoples, justice, simplicity, and ridiculousness :) I don't know who else would dress up as a takami roll for Halloween, support a child in Thailand, speak out against the sex-trade, live in an apartment with the bare necessities, invite me to pick strawberries and green eggs, stalk old people with me while whispering in their ears, dress up as secret agents and pretend to be body guards, visit me even though we go to different schools, cry with me when I share my heart, laugh with me because we met a little boy who looked like Prince Zuko, or get fat with me while eating free samples at Farmer's market.

Any guy would be so fortunate to be with her! I'm so excited to see what the future has in store for my dear Jasmine.

This is a glimpse of the Jasmine I know and you should get to know her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I could like this blog, I would!