Monday, September 13, 2010

027

One of my roommates gave me a moist towelette from Hooters today. On the back of the package it reads, "Bartender: Pharmacist with limited inventory". I thought it was pretty amusing.

Midterms are coming up in less than three weeks and I am expecting my life to get less than adventurous in the next few weeks. I've been trying to squeeze in as much social life I can muster before I cloister myself in my room where I'll probably turn two shades paler than I already am. This first year in pharmacy school feels like I am reliving my freshman year as an undergraduate all over again. This past weekend I attended my first ever toga party that the Greek life on the undergraduate side was hosting. Being surrounded by scantily-clad, post-pubescent teens with raging hormones straight out of high school made me feel really out of place.

Not relating to the picture but a thought-provoking question Pastor Brad asked us in church on Sunday, "What would you do for God, if you knew you could not fail?" I definitely wouldn't be a bartender but the first image that popped into my head was my parents.
They came up this weekend to drop off homemade food for me and to see how I was doing. When I have kids, I want to be as good as parents as they are.

No comments: