Monday, September 06, 2010

024

Cosplay. According to the internet, cosplay or costume play is a form of art in which people dress up as characters or ideas. This past weekend, a couple of friends of mine and I cosplayed for SacAnime. So my friend and I have been wanting to cosplay since our freshman year of high school and we finally hit the local fabric store and whipped out the sewing machine to make sailor fukus, a Japanese school girl uniform. We even had a couple people who wanted to take pictures with us.

It was pretty fun and now I get to cross off "cosplay" on my bucket list of things I want to do. Costumes are fun to wear because it allows you to be someone else while you're wearing it but by the end of the day, I am glad I can just be me.

Photo courtesy of Elaina Khoo

1 comment:

Angelina said...

You are soooooooooo amazing. You're wonderful at sewing as well? The list never ends, but I'm glad that you're ANTOINETTE and not some japanese chick. :) hehe. <3 you.