Friday, September 24, 2010

031

This past week in my Nonprescription Therapy - Self-Care class we discussed oral pain such as recurrent aphthous stomatitis which is the fancy word for "canker sore". Interestingly enough, canker sores have no known cause while cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus-1, the same virus that can be found around your "hoo-ha" if you're not careful or are into that sort of thing.

As of now, I now know how to screen for cholesterol, blood-glucose, blood pressure, bone density, am CPR certified and am able to administer immunizations. It's only been a month and I can only imagine what other cool things we're going to learn in the coming months.

1 comment:

preet said...

Antoinette, you totally know how to show facial expression in your drawings. I must learn to do this with mine. lol. I loved the comic. As always, it was hilarious. *P.S. Nice red velvet idea!*