Monday, January 24, 2011

049

January must be the month to blog for me because I have been pretty consistent this past week. Today I am celebrating my 2nd day of being 22. I realize that my past two entries have been about my birthday, which may seem like I am making more of a big hoopla over being 22 than I should have when I turned 21. Which isn't the case. I celebrate my 22nd year with such enthusiasm because my 21st year following up to my 22nd was so freaking amazing. When I look back this year, I think "Damn, I did good". The equivalent of my feelings right now would be close to graduating or the completion of a masterpiece.

I thank God for giving me His unlimited strength to work, pledge, and make the decision to break up with my boyfriend.

I thank God for showing me His wonders by letting me globetrot to four different continents.

I thank God for revealing Himself in people I should aspire to be more like and to pursue.

I thank God for surrounding me in fertile soil so that I may be constantly growing.

I thank God everyday.

A couple of days ago I asked a friend who recently turned 22 as well how it felt to be another year older. He begrudgingly replied, "There's nothing to look forward to anymore. Twenty-one was IT." His response made me sad because I wish he would have lived his 21st year like it was his birthday everyday (minus the alcohol). This year is my golden year and I am going to live it like it is.

No comments: