Saturday, January 29, 2011

050

The convenient thing about keeping a blog about my life, pharmacy experience, and everything in between is that I am required to turn in a reflection about my IPPE experience once I am done with my 80 hours this semester. Today marks my 30th hour of pharmacy experience. Gregg was not present so I felt much more relaxed. Gordon was the pharmacist for today and I realize he is much more of a pleasant person to be around. I did a consultation, made lots of phone calls, and dispensed for most of the day. So nice and relaxing. I feel like I am learning the intricacies of the CVS system better. Learned that Gordon is Mormon. He also played basketball and football in high school.

I'm getting over my paranoia of making phone calls to patients. Now that I actually know how to use the computers, there's less fear of sounding like an idiot on the phone.

At CVS, they have continuing education for the pharmacists almost every two months. Gordon didn't seem too pleased to be doing it during the slow hours.

My eyes get really dry after working a full 8 hours. Also, my car hydroplaned off the freeway entrance and my right headlight is totally blown out along with some ugly scratches on the nose of my car. It didn't help that the car kept making suspicious noises throughout the 30+ mile drive and my phone battery died. Sad times.

1 comment:

preet said...

I'm glad you are okay Antoinette. And I'm happy you are doing well with IPPE.